Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about getting an above ground pool......

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about getting an above ground pool......

We are looking to get an above ground pool. I have priced them at the local companies and the 24' rounds are running a little more then we wanted to spend. I see there are places online that I could order them and even with paying someone for installation we would still save money. I was wondering if any of you seasoned pros could let me know if reputable companies online. I have seen bad reviews about National Pool Wholesalers. I have seen a couple of people in the forum mention they got their pools from Family Pool Fun with no complaints. Are there any other companies worth looking into? You don't have to bash companies if that is against forum rules, just looking for reputable online companies to order a pool from!

Thanks in advance.

Michelle
    Kristyn

8100 Gal 12X20 vinyl IG pool. Hayward H200 heater, super pump and Pro Grid DE3620 Filter.TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about getting an above ground pool......

I haven't tried buying a pool online, but if you are on a budget, and are the DIY type, you could check craigslist and find a pretty good deal on a 2-5yr old pool. If you are located anywhere in the northeast Namco tend to have decent deals on pools from time to time. Also, AGPs can usually be found on sale in the fall, but you are normally limited to inventory on hand, before their winter products come in store. We ended up picking up our AGP from Namco for $899 (just the pool w/ liner) late Sept, while today's mid-season price is around $1,700 and also excludes any pump/filter or installation. Our installation was about $1000 and electrical was just over $1,000...although I had a really long run (about 100ft) to the pool and difficult terrain to run a trencher through (removed 21 trees ). Hope this helps some
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, as much or more of your cost could be involved in site prep. We bought online. Shop around and compare. Check their listing with the BBB online and see if there are many complaints. Buy your pool and liner separately from equupment because they often have poorly matched setups. Look for a good warranty.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

We finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 24'x52" from this company! ! I will take pictures and keep everyone updated.
    Kristyn

8100 Gal 12X20 vinyl IG pool. Hayward H200 heater, super pump and Pro Grid DE3620 Filter.TF100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats on the pool purchase!
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats on your pool purchase! As far as installation... call around and ask for references. Find out what companies they work for/with. Many just install for pool suppliers and you can then ask around about them.

Good luck!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits