Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Purex Triton MinMax around 2000 model...worked in fall time but today tried to semi warm the pool and I am not getting anything...is it possible the pilot light is out? anything else to try?

If it has a pilot light, did you light it? Do you have gas (is the tank full and the valves open)?

We'll try to help you fix this yourself but... IF YOU'RE EVER IN DOUBT ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH THE HEATER - CALL IN YOUR GAS COMPANY!!!!!!!! :hammer: Safety MUST be the priority!!!!

i'm not sure about the piliot light, I am assuming it does..looking for manual, minimax 400.

Gas line is in ground so all should be good there

They are saying the gas line is bad----heater is not getting enough flow to fire...not sure I buy it but that's the word right now

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I believe, if you know the required BTU of the heater, the gas service pressure, and the gas line diameter and length, you can calculate if you're theoretically getting enough gas. That is a question for a heating pro though. I just thought you would like to know so you can arm yourself with questions for the next service visit.

4x4tx said:
They are saying the gas line is bad----heater is not getting enough flow to fire...not sure I buy it but that's the word right now

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
More likely it's spider webs in the tube that tells the controller than you have enough airflow so that it will then open the gas valve and start the igniter. The home warranty company tech probably read the troubleshooting guide and figures low flow must mean the gas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.