Intex 24 x 52 auto overflow idea......

May 16, 2011
Gang,
New to this site! Anyhoo I have had my pool for about 3 weeks and ran into some trouble Saturday night when we had about 4 inches of rain in 4-5 hours! THe pool overflowed at the lowest point and eroded the sand away to the point the leg was just free hanging. I was able to block it up for the night and gently lift it back to proper position using some more blocks. It also eroded about 2 feet under the pool where it was cascading down the outside of the liner. SO I thought and actually tested an idea so if this happens when I am not home it will overflow thru some pvc. Here is what I did. I made a few fittings so I can connect to one of the drain plugs on the bottom of the pool. I then brought the pvc up (on the outside of pool) to the level where I want the pool. Now if it rains and the level goes above the pvc it will automaticlly drain out the pvc and away from the pool foundation. The only thing I am worried about is if for some reason that breaks I will come home to an empty pool!

Thoughts?

Tim

I did a dry run last night and it all looked pretty good! The only questionable part is the intex supplied fitting for the drain. It seems very cheap and not very durable and is the week link in my idea. So it got my brain turning and if I could find a pvc fitting that is 3/4 female by 3/4 slip but still have some sort of protrusion to keep the inner flap from sealing the drain hole...........

Thoughts?

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.