Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well a few months back I started a topic if I could save my liner.. But, that was not close to the issues I was having.. Seems like a mouse dug under the pool and went through the liner which caused the water to drain and the ice just destroyed the walls..

So, I purchased a new 27' round pool.. I called around for installation and they pretty much all want a minimum of $1000 (Not including water) which I thought there out of their minds considering the ground work is done and sand is there.

Question, is it hard to do.. I seen a few video's on the net and it seems pretty easy just as long as you have some help and don't have no wind.. I got about 3 adults and 1 - 16 year old weight lifting buff kid (LOL) to help..

Am I over my head in this???

Thanks.

I think it'd be easy for that many, as long as one of you have a little construction experience. Leveling and initial setup is the biggest part and that's just straight forward, measure and level until you're absolutely sure it's correct.

Its not hard. Even though you are using an existing pool site, be sure to re level before starting the new install. Smooth and measure for level with a transit or laser or water level tool. With that many people and a round pool (easier than ovals) you should get it up in no time. Make sure to install the liner only when it us sunny to insure proper stretch. Post pix of your progress, we love to see them and they will help the next user who is looking to start.

If I can do it 3x's, you can do it once! :mrgreen:

I looked into getting my second pool installed and for $500 bucks... NO THANK YOU! I'll do it myself! I just got done putting that same pool up a couple weeks ago at my brother's house.

Follow directions and make sure you're level and have fun saving all that money! :goodjob:

I just finished an install but took it a step further I recessed it 24" . Oh yeah and it was a used pool worthless directions and verry little to no help from the kids , it took A few peoe for the wall but all in all take your time level check and recheck it will never be " perfect" but enjoy saving that cash !!!

Question:... Could I put my Winter cover under my liner to protect it from small rocks.. After getting the ground ready today and leveling it, Mother nature decided to pour which was a good thing because there r a lot of pea size rocks.. So instead of spending a few hours on my hands and knees, I thought of throwing my old winter cover under it.. NO.... YES....??????

A winter cover is too thin to be of much help with rocks. I'd take a few more days and get a gorilla pad or go to a local big box store and buy some styrofoam insulating board and put under it. The styrofoam will probably be better for rocks.

Purchased a mat from Namco.. Now the flipping weather is not cooperating.. Rain Rain Rain.. Water is being delivered Thursday at 8am and I still need to do the darn liner.. Stupid rain..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.