Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 pool?

Hi,

I'm so clueless with all this pool stuff . I want to have everything that I need when we set up our 15x48 intex metal frame pool with the salt water system. I would like to make the pool as easy and low maintenance as possiable. Would the Intex 1600 gallon sand filter be good for my pool or would a bigger one be better? Walmart has it on sale for $149.00. If in the future we get a bigger pool would this filter be able to handle a 18x48 or 18x52? Thanks again!!
    Intex 15X48 metal frame pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 p

The best filter/pump combo that Intex makes is the 2100gph (or 2650, it's the same) unit. If you go with that you'll be able to use it on ony size Intex pool. I don't know about the 2100 gph units.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 p

Quote Originally Posted by mapoolgirl
    Hi,

I'm so clueless with all this pool stuff . I want to have everything that I need when we set up our 15x48 intex metal frame pool with the salt water system. I would like to make the pool as easy and low maintenance as possiable. Would the Intex 1600 gallon sand filter be good for my pool or would a bigger one be better? Walmart has it on sale for $149.00. If in the future we get a bigger pool would this filter be able to handle a 18x48 or 18x52? Thanks again!!
    Hey, I know this is a little late but if you haven't already, go ahead and get the 1600 gph pump. We bought it for our 16' X 48" intex pool and the water flow is more than we could have ever expected. it also comes with all the needed conversion pieces. great deal. Sorry I have no picture of it hooked up to the pool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5,061 Gallon 16' x 48" Intex Metal Frame Pool
    14" Intex 55Ib Sand Filter and Pump.