Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: noob question...

1. Back To Top    #1

noob question...

Im in the process of shocking the pool. I bought the test from leslies that was recommended, but it only measures FC up to 5. I had to take in a test sample to Leslie's to determine when I got to FC 16 as recommmended. I want to do the overnight test, however I can't exactly do the test if I can't read the FC that high. Does either of the other recommended test go high enough on the FC to measure FC at the higher levels? I searched and read the info on both tests but couldnt determine if they go that high.
    16k, DE, IG, Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: noob question...

Yup...sorry to say, but leslies sold you a DPD complete kit, not the FAS-DPD kit as recommended by TFP. The FAS DPD kit can measure FC up to 50ppm
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

No worries, looks like I can get the test by itself from tftestkits then. Don't mind spending the money as long as it does what I need it to do.
    16k, DE, IG, Plaster

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, forgot to mention that. The stand-alone kit from Tftestkits.net would be a great addition to your kit
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP, Mags!!

You'll never regret ordering from TFTestkits I did the same thing you're going to do (get the FAS-DPD to make my 2005K = to a 2006K), the price was great and I had it 2 days after I ordered it
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)