1st time DIY liner installation in new AG pool,

justbeachy

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2011
Hi all, we are getting ready to install our liner and I have found directions for a couple different ways to do it (drop it in from the outside vs climbing in and spreading it around). If anyone could let me know which way they did it (and if they would do it the same way next time) that would be great. I'm also trying to get some sort of idea how long this would take for 2 people to do? Thanks in advance!

I'm betting you have already installed your liner. However, with a pool that size (same as ours) you need to have more than one person - and the type of install depends on the liner type. With beaded, JHook, Unibead types, you have to put it on and install/straighten from inside. With an overlap, you can in fact lay it over the top and gradually add water, letting it slide down into place - harder with large ovals than round, but can be done. Our 18' round was done that way, the oval has always had JHook/Unibead/Beaded liners - installed from inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.