Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1st time DIY liner installation in new AG pool,

1. Back To Top    #1

1st time DIY liner installation in new AG pool,

Hi all, we are getting ready to install our liner and I have found directions for a couple different ways to do it (drop it in from the outside vs climbing in and spreading it around). If anyone could let me know which way they did it (and if they would do it the same way next time) that would be great. I'm also trying to get some sort of idea how long this would take for 2 people to do? Thanks in advance!
    18 x 33 AG vinyl, 17000 gal, Hayward DE 1.5, Aquatrol SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: 1st time DIY liner installation in new AG pool,

I'm betting you have already installed your liner. However, with a pool that size (same as ours) you need to have more than one person - and the type of install depends on the liner type. With beaded, JHook, Unibead types, you have to put it on and install/straighten from inside. With an overlap, you can in fact lay it over the top and gradually add water, letting it slide down into place - harder with large ovals than round, but can be done. Our 18' round was done that way, the oval has always had JHook/Unibead/Beaded liners - installed from inside.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: 1st time DIY liner installation in new AG pool,

Have you installed it yet?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit