Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intex Hard plumbed and getting there on the TA.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Hard plumbed and getting there on the TA.

Just an update.... Much thanks to Mark (crookm11) and his awesome pictures and explanations! I used his adapter plans and modded them even further. I used a belt sander to shave off an additional .16 to make the 2-1.25 bushings match the ID of a 1.5" pvc coupler, and did not have to narrow to 1.25. I need to special order a 10 degree elbow, but its plumbed like his and I actually lost 2 psi on the filter vs hoses with the same output.

As of today I am down 100+ on the TA and keeping it going. It is taking a couple of days to get the pH rebound that was getting down in hours before. My TA is at 140! Another week and I will be there. Everything else is in check!

Y'all Rock!

And I got the remote temp sensor that everyone talked about at HD.

~7000 gallon Intex AGP
    2650-Gallon Intex Sand Filter/Pump/SWG combo with Borates.
    Hayward AquaCritter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Hard plumbed and getting there on the TA.

Good Job
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking Good Verdog!!!

I'm glad you were able to follow my pics and explanation. I didn't even think of trying to get the adapter to fit directly in to a coupler. Great job.

The one thing I would do with your set up is put some support under the pipe. The weight of the water in the pipe will put some stress on the pump basket and the out put of the filter.

Great looking water too.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks great! I want to do the same with my pool (not Intex) but I havent been able to find a fitting for my skimmer..Its all molded as one piece.
    24X52 AG..Hayward DE 1HP pump..Intellichlor IC15

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    Looking Good Verdog!!!

I'm glad you were able to follow my pics and explanation. I didn't even think of trying to get the adapter to fit directly in to a coupler. Great job.

The one thing I would do with your set up is put some support under the pipe. The weight of the water in the pipe will put some stress on the pump basket and the out put of the filter.

Great looking water too.
    That's what I am doing now. I took the pic right after i finished, cured and started the pump. You are the master making Intex great!
    ~7000 gallon Intex AGP
    Hayward AquaCritter

6. Back To Top    #6

what did you do with your salt water system? can you provide details on the way you split it up?
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by racerboy6996
    what did you do with your salt water system? can you provide details on the way you split it up?
    The salt water system that you see on verdogs pictures is not a normal system that has been split up. Verdog has the new integrated SWG and pump/filter combo. Intex just combined the 2 together.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy6996
    The salt water system that you see on verdogs pictures is not a normal system that has been split up. Verdog has the new integrated SWG and pump/filter combo. Intex just combined the 2 together.

Correct. The clear pipes you see in the 2nd pic are the SWG. If you buy them all together its "integrated" instead of a seperate module. On this one, the Copper plates is the disconected part above the pump basket and the Flow Sensor and SW Plates are at the return.
    ~7000 gallon Intex AGP
    Hayward AquaCritter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
    That looks great! I want to do the same with my pool (not Intex) but I havent been able to find a fitting for my skimmer..Its all molded as one piece.
    Hrm... The one i put on is a Hayward and has a 1.5" threaded hole in the bottom.
    ~7000 gallon Intex AGP
    Hayward AquaCritter

10. Back To Top    #10

thats cool i think hard plumming is a good idea

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi, I have been following eveyones great mods on their intex pools but the one I really want to do is to add a through the wall skimmer, but I'm SCARED about putting a knife to my perfectly good liner. Anyone with any good tips insight would be appreciated.

I have checked out the local pool store and looked at both the regular and the widemouth hayward skimmers. The salesman was concerned about the abilty of the sidewall to support the weight of the skimmer and the water it contained.
    I can see his point, particularly with the widemouth, not only is it larger but it stands back from the side wall and must create signiicant leverage? I was wondering if I should be looking for a particular make/model, they all seem very similar to me? i have read various threads and noted that people wished that they had put in a widemouth skimmer but haven't noticed anyone who has actually done it and listed which make/model they used.
    Saltwater 8000 27' Round x 54". 17000 gallons
    Intex SWG
    Hayward Power Flo 3/4HP pump-Hayward Perflex EC40 DE Filter-Hayward
    H250 Natural gas Heater-My own gas well in back yard ;-)

12. Back To Top    #12

When you add a through the wall skimmer can you still get the water level as high as you can with the floating skimmer? Another very nice job by one of our members modifying a Intex.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

24' x 52" Intex ultra frame pool (12,400 gallons) with seperate Intex 2500gph pump and SWG and 2 Intex magnetic pool lights.
    Looking to upgrade to 27-30' semi inground install

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy
    When you add a through the wall skimmer can you still get the water level as high as you can with the floating skimmer? Another very nice job by one of our members modifying a Intex.
    For me the answer is no, I have to run ~ 3 inches lower then I normally would to allow the skimmer room to skim. You could maybe try and mount the skimmer higher but you would be straddling the top seam and I don't think you would get a good seal on the skimmer gasket.

-Matt
    Intex 16' x 48" pro frame
    Intex 1600 GPH sand filter with integrated SWCG (copper unplugged)
    Through wall skimmer
    Hard plumbed
    Taylor K-2006C

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Verdog
    Just an update.... Much thanks to Mark (crookm11) and his awesome pictures and explanations! I used his adapter plans and modded them even further.

I like those twist valves. They seem like a much better option than the lame plunger type.

15. Back To Top    #15

Hey everyone,

We are getting ready to purchase our new 22' Intex pool, and was planning to buy the Heritage Wide Mouth Pool Skimmer, along with it, however, we are not sure if we can hard pipe to the Heritage like the Wayward above.

Has anyone used one of these Heritage Wide Mouth Pool Skimmer?

If I can't remove the tapered fitting for the hose connection then I will wait and purchase another brand so I can hard pipe everything.

Thanks
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

16. Back To Top    #16

Has anyone hard plumbed their intex pool that takes it down in the winter?
    24' X 54" Sharkline Matrix. J-Hook liner.
    2 speed pump, 16" Intex sand filter.

17. Back To Top    #17

anyone?
    24' X 54" Sharkline Matrix. J-Hook liner.
    2 speed pump, 16" Intex sand filter.

18. Back To Top    #18

I just partially hard plumbed my intex pool this summer. i changed out the intex inlet & return,replaced them with 1 1/2" hayward return fittings. i also installed a a hayward wide mouth skimmer. from there i plumbed 1 1/4" pvc with unions to the ground & tied the 2 inlets(skimmer & original inlet hole) together with pvc & 2 returns together. from the tee i used a 40 mm connector adaptor from in the swim & used intex hoses to my intex sand filter & swg. my plan for winter will be to remove the returns & skimmer before rolling up the pool for storage. some on this great site have left their intex pools up for winter.i won't. too many moles & chipmunks burrowing & who knows if we will pay for last years warm temps. this winter. may be COLLLDDD!!!!
    INTEX AGP 15'x 48", 4440 gals.,INTEX 2650 gph pump w/ 16" sand filter, Hayward widemouth skimmer,INTEX SWG-CS8110, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark vac w/ leaf canister, INTEX floating LED pool light, solar cover with polaris solar reel, Access pool steps 200600T, TF 100 test kit, "The Slime Bag" x-tra polishing 18" x 30"

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by matt_e
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy
    For me the answer is no, I have to run ~ 3 inches lower then I normally would to allow the skimmer room to skim. You could maybe try and mount the skimmer higher but you would be straddling the top seam and I don't think you would get a good seal on the skimmer gasket.

-Matt
    I just installed a hawyard skimmer on my 16x48 ultra frame. I mounted it as high as I can, butted right up to the seam. My water level is right at the second "tile". No leaks AND i cut the butterfly gasket in half. I did however tighten the skimmer screws down pretty tight using a small 12v impact driver. Was a breeze...my 7 yr old daughter helped on the outside while I was in the pool.... She thought it should have been the other way around though... lol
    Be sure and use a fresh, sharp razor blade on your box cutter.
    Bboran
    2000gallon intex ag, 530gph cartridge filter,

20. Back To Top    #20

How did you get the pipes to fit a 2 1/2 sized return

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast