Another ?? - horizontal or vertical discharge on pump?

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
Which is better? Both our pumps (The old and the one that got toasted by lightning) I guess discharge out of the top to send water to the filter (so I'm assuming that it's vertical discharge - that is what that means, right?)

Won't I need to stick with vertical or have to redo the piece of tubing that brings water from the pump to the fiter (It's a very thick, stiff "tube")?

So what would be the selling point of "changes from vertical to horizontal discharge at the push of a button" that some of the pumps say? You can't just switch back and forth can you?

It really depends on your system. ONce you have the plumbing done you're going to want to stick with whichever you have so it's a non-issue at that point. However if you're buying a new pump and your plumbing isn't layed out yet, it's noce to be able to change it to suit the layout.

I think it only makes a difference if space is tight on the equipment pad and it would be easier to connect the pump to the filter in one position vs another. If you have vertical discharge on the pump it should be easier to hook up another vertical discharge pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.