Quick Question

May 15, 2011
Hello All, New here and im super glad I found this forum! Anyways, on to my question. This year when we opened our pool we added a SWG with built in Pump/Filter. The way we have it hooked up is, Pool > Sand Filter > Pump > Pump Catridge Filter > SWG > Pool. The Pump, Cartridge Filter and SWG are all built together but you get the idea. Anyways, The catrdige filter is getting clogged up every 30min-1hr and I figure its building up pressure because it stops blowing out very hard. We can clean it, stick back in...works fine for about another hr then needs cleaning again. Any ideas on what I should do? BTW: The pool is cloudy At the moment.

Edit: The filter is getting clogged with a green slime...Guessing Algae?

Green Slime = algae more than likely. Whichever way you have the pump/filter/SWCG hooked up-----make sure thew SWCG is last between the filter and the return line to the pool if at all possible. Are we talking Intex here? And Welcome!

Hey, Thanks! Yes its a Intex SWG but the pool is not an Intex. Its 24ft Round Pool 42inch's deep. Should I just continue to leave it in there and clean it or? Also the SWG is the very last thing before it goes back into the pool. Also the pool isnt a green color, its a good blue just cloudy. Thats why getting green slime in the filter is confusing?

It sounds like you are having an algae bloom, and your filter is "harvesting" the algae as it grows. If the water was previously clear this means your chlorine lvel was allowed to get too low and now you need to go through a shock process. Read up on pool school and post some test numbers and we will be able to help you. Note shock is a process, not a product.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.