Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick Question

Hello All, New here and im super glad I found this forum! Anyways, on to my question. This year when we opened our pool we added a SWG with built in Pump/Filter. The way we have it hooked up is, Pool > Sand Filter > Pump > Pump Catridge Filter > SWG > Pool. The Pump, Cartridge Filter and SWG are all built together but you get the idea. Anyways, The catrdige filter is getting clogged up every 30min-1hr and I figure its building up pressure because it stops blowing out very hard. We can clean it, stick back fine for about another hr then needs cleaning again. Any ideas on what I should do? BTW: The pool is cloudy At the moment.

Edit: The filter is getting clogged with a green slime...Guessing Algae?

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Quick Question

Green Slime = algae more than likely. Whichever way you have the pump/filter/SWCG hooked up-----make sure thew SWCG is last between the filter and the return line to the pool if at all possible. Are we talking Intex here? And Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey, Thanks! Yes its a Intex SWG but the pool is not an Intex. Its 24ft Round Pool 42inch's deep. Should I just continue to leave it in there and clean it or? Also the SWG is the very last thing before it goes back into the pool. Also the pool isnt a green color, its a good blue just cloudy. Thats why getting green slime in the filter is confusing?

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

It sounds like you are having an algae bloom, and your filter is "harvesting" the algae as it grows. If the water was previously clear this means your chlorine lvel was allowed to get too low and now you need to go through a shock process. Read up on pool school and post some test numbers and we will be able to help you. Note shock is a process, not a product.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

It hasnt been clear any this year. We just openened it and it was Green. We have now got it to the cloudy state. I will read about the shock process. Thanks