My pool ladder is the culprit!!!

Jun 19, 2009
Delaware
It's that time of year... we're going to open the pool! :whoot: But, last year's closing wasn't as smooth (crystal clear water) as we'd hoped. We've never had huge probs with clear water using the BBB method (awesomeness) until late in the summer last year. The algae took over. We took the pool ladder out, wiped it down, and did the whole FC levels up to a million thing for a week. Seemed to clear up. but, a day or two after we put the pool ladder back in cloudy water again. UGH!

How the heck do we clean the inside of the pool ladder?! We were going to buy a new one, but to spend $400 bucks on another ladder is like the last, last resort. We like ours just fine, we just have NO idea how to clean inside the ladder... we just know there is algae hiding out in there because our pool had no debris, the outside of the ladder was fine, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions? We're opening in about a week and I'm an overpreparer. :mrgreen: Thanks for any help you can give me!

It's heavy and has a locking gate... one of these numbers:

Spring-Summer2010031-1.jpg

My husband drained all the water (so he thought), but there is always some left in there. Pouring bleach straight in there, do you take off any part of the ladder? Or do you just pour it through the small holes in it? Thanks! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.