Power Control Board problem

rnkass

May 15, 2011
I have an Aqualink RS system installed in 2004. We recently opened our pool and several problems with the indoor pool controls were noted. A factor that may be responsible is the fact that I probably left the door of the control panel open for part of the winter here in Maryland.

In fact, a problem was first note during the winter when I turned the control panel to Auto so that I could place the pool pump on a timer. I noted that the Spa light came on when Freeze Protect kicked in, even though the light was not set up to come on.

When the system was hooked up a few days ago, we were unable to get the Spa heat to come on from the indoor panel – we could not get the Remote button on the heater to work. When the heat was enabled from the indoor panel, the light on the panel that turns red when the heater comes on will blink green-red-green-red, etc. The Pool heat is operable from indoors, however. Also, when the Spa is turned on from the inside panel, it can only be turned off by using the control buttons outside next to the spa. Using the indoor panel does not work.

The unit seems fully operable from the main outdoor control panel. Given the above information, do you have any thoughts about what is malfunctioning? Thank you very much!

wow! i have same problem too with jandy...

do any of thse work correctly? seemslike junk to me

do you think a cold winter can affect the outsdie power box and its chips??

here in NY we had a brutal winter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.