Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it Possible? Convert Easytouch to Intellitouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it Possible? Convert Easytouch to Intellitouch

I have an Easytouch system, I recently purchased a 520287 UOC outdoor motherboard front panel, and a 520077 I10+3D personality board. Looking at the Load Center for the Intellitouch, it appears to be exactly the same steel box used for the EasyTouch System. The only piece I am missing is the plastic front usually attached to the I10+3D board and a external controller.
    Is it possible to swap both of the Easytouch boards with the two boards I purchased? Has anyone ever tried to convert an Easytouch to an Intellitouch?
    Fiberglass Ingroung 3850 Gal pool/600 Gal Spa, Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, 240 sqft cartridge filter, EasyTouch system, Intellichlor IC20 SWG. Endless Pools Fastlane current generator.

Portland, Oregon

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it Possible? Convert Easytouch to Intellitouch

Big bump on this one

I currently have the easytouch but now that I want to use my iphone and PC to control my system I'm limited. I'm sure were not the only ones here that have wondered this... I have no doubt that it's do'able, the only real question is what would be the cost difference as appossed to just buying a new intellitouch? Also, what could be salvaged from the Easytouch other than the box and the main breakers?

TIA
    Inground Gunnite pool 30'x15' - 10mx5m
    22,500 US Gallons / 85 Cubic M.
    Hayward 3/4 hp Triton Sand Filter 220lbs - 100kg
    Auto pH ColorQ Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by oofreakoo
    Big bump on this one

I currently have the easytouch but now that I want to use my iphone and PC to control my system I'm limited. I'm sure were not the only ones here that have wondered this... I have no doubt that it's do'able, the only real question is what would be the cost difference as appossed to just buying a new intellitouch? Also, what could be salvaged from the Easytouch other than the box and the main breakers?

TIA
    The easytouch has new firmware that will allow it to talk to the iphone protocol adapter. I have yet to do this, but I did see it in the latest firmware notes.

All you need to do to convert the ET to an IT is replace the processor board, and personality board ( or buy as a kit) everything else is identical.

The transformer(s) have different part numbers but they are the same 6 pin with all the same voltages.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the confirmation, as soon as I pick up an external controller I will post back my results. As to the cost difference, in my case it cost me a little over $150 for the two boards. Now onto to building the hardware to flash the intellitouch chip.
    Fiberglass Ingroung 3850 Gal pool/600 Gal Spa, Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, 240 sqft cartridge filter, EasyTouch system, Intellichlor IC20 SWG. Endless Pools Fastlane current generator.

Portland, Oregon

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by dizman67
    Thanks for the confirmation, as soon as I pick up an external controller I will post back my results. As to the cost difference, in my case it cost me a little over $150 for the two boards. Now onto to building the hardware to flash the intellitouch chip.
    Seeing how you've already purchased most of the parts I can see why you would want to continue. I'm going to just flash mine. Hopefully a PB out there will come by and do it for cheaper than it costs for the programmer!
    Inground Gunnite pool 30'x15' - 10mx5m
    22,500 US Gallons / 85 Cubic M.
    Hayward 3/4 hp Triton Sand Filter 220lbs - 100kg
    Auto pH ColorQ Test Kit