Autopilot PoolPilot Digital Pump Control

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
I'm looking at buying a Pool Pilot Digital. I have a whisperFlo being triggered by an Intermatic Mechanical timer presently.

What are the Pro's and Con's to throwing away the Intermatic and letting the Pool pilot take over the Timing and triggering of the pump?

Only thing I can think of is that using the Intermatic will shutoff the Pool Pilot for 16 hours a day, and thaty may help longevity maybe??

Letting the Pool Pilot be the timer is better. Make sure you get the optional relay when you order the Pool Pilot. It isn't supposed to cost extra, but some dealers leave it out.

The difference is very small, and any problem in either setup is unlikely, but the chances of the battery going bad in the Pool Pilot and forgetting it's settings when off is higher than the odds of the extra on time making any difference at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.