Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot SC-48

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pilot SC-48

I am having issues with my pool pilot staying on. I keep getting a message "check flow" and I did the system test. After cleaning the filter and screen, I am now getting a reading saying 28 Volts 2.6 AMPs. Any suggestions? Is it time for me to replace the cell?

Thank you so much for any assistance.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool Pilot SC-48

What power level is the cell running at?
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Check flow errors are usually the manifold filter screen or a dirty pool filter. Though they could also be a loose cable connection to the tri-sensor or something actually wrong with the tri-sensor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Your cell may be scaled too. If scaled enough, it can block flow going through the manifold.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Guys.
    I am running at Power level 2.
    I am going to but a new filter today. I am going to give that a try.
    I didn't see any visible scaling, but I went ahead and dipped in the acid solution.
    I'll check back in as soon as I change the filter and see what happens there.
    Thank you all again!

6. Back To Top    #6

I just changed the filter and cleaned the screen to the cell. The purifier is now on. My volts are 28 and my amps are 3.2. I am getting a low amps message. I'll see how this goes. But does it seem like my cell may need to be replaced?

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, what you are seeing, high volts and low amps, is the typical behavior of a cell that is starting to fail.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School