Question about Pentairs Quad De filters.

Davegvg

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
I have the smallest Quad DE 60 and its been a great filter for the most part, but I noticed the larger 2 available units are rated for a higher flow.

It seems to me but Id like to know for sure that I can simply buy a new DE- 120 and replace the cartridges into my plumbed in base and pop the larger top piece on.
Seems that the top piece and filters are where the difference is and that bases are identical.

Goal here is an overall lower operating pressure and longer time between cleanings and recharges.

I would then sell my units as a used (but 1/3rd) new pentair quad DE filter.

Workable? Thanks guys.

Uncle Dave

Plumbing looks like I unscrew the inlet and outlet and move the new filter into place-but anytime Ive ever messed with plumbing it always bites me.

Perhaps Im being too cautious.

UD

you are correct, you would need the cartridge, air bleed assembly, and the lid.

The backwash assembly is no longer needed, although if its an older filter, I WOULD recommend getting the 196024S as it aids in stirring up the DE on the bottom of the tank.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.