Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Having watched the pool service company close my pool last winter for the first time, I decided I would attempt to open the pool on my own. But I have one issue in that they removed the wires from my pump and completely removed the pump. So I'm faced with the dilemma of which wire to connect where!!

The pump is a Jandy PlusHP Series, model PHPM2.0. I have 3 wires to connect - Green, Red and Black. I'm pretty confident about the green wire being the ground and it connecting to a screw on the outside of the motor housing. But for the Red and Black wires, there are 2 copper connectors inside the housing marked L1 and L2. Would anyone happen to know which wire goes to which connector???

And if I happen to get this wrong, would it simply not function or could I do some serious damage?

I have the manual that came with the pump, but every time it gets to the point of talking about connecting wires, it says to use a qualified electrician to install it. I sure would hate to call the pool company to charge me a service call just to come and show me which wire to plug where!!

Thoughts??

The red and black go to line 1 and line 2. It does not matter which goes to which.

The green wire connects to the green grounding screw inside the housing. The outside connection is for the bonding wire.

Any time I connect electricity to a pump, I measure the voltage at the wires and I check the wiring configuration of the pump to make sure that they are the same. Red and black should be 240 volts.

And THAT my pool friends is why I love this site so much.....I was still on the site reading some other posts and already got a response to my question. Now that is service!!!

Thanks so much for the info James. Now I feel armed with the info I need to get this pool started up!!

Update: Now that I've got the wiring all figured out, I went out to install it today and discovered that when the pool service company disconnected everything in the fall, they snapped off the 2 screws that hold the little cover plate over the wiring. You can still see the threaded part of the screw down in the hole.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the old screws out so I can put in new ones? Or any other great ideas for covering this up?

What really burns me is that this is only my second season with this brand new pool - and already I've got things breaking on me!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.