Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noob can't find relief valve on Hayward Sand Filter - Help?

1. Back To Top    #1

Noob can't find relief valve on Hayward Sand Filter - Help?

Hi, everyone. Like many who post here for the first time, I am a newbie pool owner (got it with our new home) and just learning the ropes. After going through the filter manual and studying some online resources including this forum, I think I have a general handle on the process of opening the pool for the summer.

However. . . .

I've seen a couple of places (including the manual for my filter) mention that you must fully open the "manual air relief valve" until it discharges a steady stream of water. I understand the purpose, to purge air from the lines. Problem is, I can't find the "manual air relief valve." I've looked at the schematic for my filter (Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter Model S210T) and it doesn't show a manual air relief valve anywhere.

I've attached the manual for this model in case anyone can point out what I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Noob can't find relief valve on Hayward Sand Filter - He

I have the 180T -- and same 714 top valve -- no air purge on mine either.. Normally I turn it to backwash and that will allow the water to flow freely thru and push any air out.
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style

3. Back To Top    #3

It doesnt have one. You dont need it. Just set the mulitport valve to filter and turn on the pump. Thats it.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

pretty new myself, and i thought the same thing as this was my first opening and hooking up everything myself, bk406 is right,,.... you dont have to guess where i went for help!!
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, everyone, for your extremely fast and helpful responses! Will be opening the pool in a few weeks!