Noob can't find relief valve on Hayward Sand Filter - Help?

cyan

May 14, 2011
Hi, everyone. Like many who post here for the first time, I am a newbie pool owner (got it with our new home) and just learning the ropes. After going through the filter manual and studying some online resources including this forum, I think I have a general handle on the process of opening the pool for the summer.

However. . . .

I've seen a couple of places (including the manual for my filter) mention that you must fully open the "manual air relief valve" until it discharges a steady stream of water. I understand the purpose, to purge air from the lines. Problem is, I can't find the "manual air relief valve." I've looked at the schematic for my filter (Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter Model S210T) and it doesn't show a manual air relief valve anywhere.

I've attached the manual for this model in case anyone can point out what I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Hayward Filter Manual.pdf
    468.4 KB · Views: 103
Re: Noob can't find relief valve on Hayward Sand Filter - He

I have the 180T -- and same 714 top valve -- no air purge on mine either.. Normally I turn it to backwash and that will allow the water to flow freely thru and push any air out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.