Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pipe type question

1. Back To Top    #1
    Baton Rouge, LA

Pipe type question

Hi all, this question is for the plumbers.

I have seen a few pics of builds where they were using Schedule 40 "DVW" piping for plumbing the pool. I understood that DVW was not for pressure use, is that the Case? I am embarking on a DIY in ground and do not want to use the inappropriate piping the will prematurely fail.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

2. Back To Top    #2

Lower Bucks County,PA

Re: Pipe type question

Use sch 40 pvc pressure fittings and you''ll be fine.
    12X24 Oval AGP +/- 7100 gal
    Clearwater 100 cartridge filter
    Hi-Flo 2sp 1hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pipe type question

You want schedule 40 pressure rated pipe and fittings. Some pressure rated pipe is also marked for DWV use, though most pipe that is marked DWV is DWV only. On pipe, look for the pressure rating, which should be 100 psi or more. Foam core DWV only pipe is not really suitable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School