Hayward Viper Model 5500 on woot!

May 31, 2007
TEXAS
This is a bit odd , but every word is true.... well most of the words are true.

I sat down at my computer early this morning to order some parts for my Pentair cleaner. I made a quick stop at woot! www.woot.com first and much to my surprise, todays deal is the Hayward Viper for $199.99 + $5 shipping. I was expecting to pay half that just to get the parts I needed for the Pentair, so I jumped on it. Of course I did a check on TFP first to make sure there wasn't a lot of negative stuff on it.

So, does anyone have any horror stories to tell me about it?

BTW: for those of you not familiar with woot, it's probably the original "deal a day" site. You can only get it until midnight, unless it sells out first.

I have this cleaner and have had a few issues, but nothing major.

Initially, within the first year, the bag ripped but Hayward sent me a new one. I had the front spin hose come off twice, but the final zip tie fixed that.

I do have it get stuck in spin mode and have to open it up to lube it.

I have not owned any other cleaners, but from talking with friends I don't think this is abnormal for pool cleaners. They all have issues and parts that need replacing.

I was thinking of buying one just to scavenge parts off, as the main unit is ~$150 to replace.

Heh, I just saw this and was coming here to post it. Don't know about this one, but I have a Hayward Aquabug (for AG pools) that has worked great for me for several years.

I love woot; their descriptions are hilarious.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.