No/low pressure on filter

omster

Jul 22, 2010
Midland, MI
Help?!?!

I fired up the pump/filter for the first time this season and I'm getting no or very low pressure on the filter's gauge.
I let all the air bleed out so it's a constant stream of water. The return seems to have good water pressure coming out of it back into the pool. Nothing seems to be leaking. I let it run 2-3 minutes and then turned it off so nothing would get ruined...

Any ideas why I'm not getting a pressure reading?

The filter is less than one year old - do the gauges go bad that quickly? Is there any way to test the gauge itself?

The only other thing different from last year is we installed a new heat pump, but as I said - the return pressure seams normal (like before the heat pump was in place)...

Thanks!

omster said:
The filter is less than one year old - do the gauges go bad that quickly? Is there any way to test the gauge itself?

The only other thing different from last year is we installed a new heat pump, but as I said - the return pressure seams normal (like before the heat pump was in place)...

Thanks!

I've never had a gauge survive a winter outdoors. They are cheap junk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.