Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No/low pressure on filter

1. Back To Top    #1

No/low pressure on filter

Help?!?!

I fired up the pump/filter for the first time this season and I'm getting no or very low pressure on the filter's gauge.
    I let all the air bleed out so it's a constant stream of water. The return seems to have good water pressure coming out of it back into the pool. Nothing seems to be leaking. I let it run 2-3 minutes and then turned it off so nothing would get ruined...

Any ideas why I'm not getting a pressure reading?
    26.7k gal. 33' AG AquaLeader Influence, Hayword Power-Flo LX 1.5 HP pump, Hayword HeatPro 140k BTU,
    SwimPro Voyager filter, Hayword SP1091 Dyna-Skim Auto Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No/low pressure on filter

Your pressure gauge is probably broken. Those gauges break easily. Fortunately, they aren't very expensive to replace.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The filter is less than one year old - do the gauges go bad that quickly? Is there any way to test the gauge itself?

The only other thing different from last year is we installed a new heat pump, but as I said - the return pressure seams normal (like before the heat pump was in place)...

Thanks!
    26.7k gal. 33' AG AquaLeader Influence, Hayword Power-Flo LX 1.5 HP pump, Hayword HeatPro 140k BTU,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by omster
    The filter is less than one year old - do the gauges go bad that quickly? Is there any way to test the gauge itself?

The only other thing different from last year is we installed a new heat pump, but as I said - the return pressure seams normal (like before the heat pump was in place)...

Thanks!
    I've never had a gauge survive a winter outdoors. They are cheap junk.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

We stored the filter/pump in the garage for the winter (Michigan) - do you think the gauge is bad? Any way to test?