Dolphin Diagnostic Cleaner Question

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I just bought a used Dolphin Diagnostic pool cleaner off ebay, I have been thinking about getting a robot cleaner to replace the suction cleaners I have been using for the last couple of years, but had not yet felt they were worth the price. So when this one came along and the price was right I grabbed it, and if I get a couple of years out of it I will be happy, then I might invest in a better model. This is their teal and purple model, I think the 2001, not the newer 2019 Advantage. Anyway I tried it for the first time last night, and overall it works good, but there is one issue. My pool is a vinyl liner pool with a hopper style deep end. The robot seems to have problems climbing the walls, in the shallow end it will make the transition to wall climbing but only make it about half way up the wall before reversing, in the deep end it will rarely make the transisition from the hopper slope to the wall. The tracks and brushes seem to be in good condition, but I have nothing to compare them to (they are still yellow and purple with only a little fading), I am wondering if you think replacing the tracks and brushes would likely improve its wall climbing ability?

thanks Ike

If you haven't already, try running the debris bag through the laundry. Sometimes that improves things. You can also try playing with the floats on the arm, and especially make sure none of them are getting water in them.

Thanks, I think I may have a bouyancy issue, I don't see any signs of water getting into the handles, I thought I would try using zip ties to attach a small piece of foam pipe cover to the middle of the handle to see if that helps with the wall climbing, I have some left over scraps around, just have to remember where. I washed the debris bag today and it seems a little better about wall climbing, but only a little better. Other than this one small issue I am fairly happy with the robot, particularly given the price.

Ike

Issac,

I don't have the exact same cleaner (I have the Deluxe 4) you need to make sure the yellow floats are extended out ( mine slide in & out ) If they/one is on the inward setting the will only clean the bottom, maybe go half way up if one float is extended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.