Adding CYA thoughts

Hurricane Gio

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2010
Coral Gables, FL
I am adding 4.11lbs of CYA to my water. Thoughts I see here are in the skimmer and in a sock in front of a return.

My skimmer has a retune right inside. so when I added some dissolved CYA in warm water, it jets out into the water. Is this good? Could I avoid the sock method?
Its really hard to get all this CYA dissolved to add to the skimmer. I will add some in a sock, but I am trying to get the CYA in so I can stop my chlorine form disappearing to fast.

JasonLion said:
Do you have anywhere you can pour it so that it goes into the filter? If not, go with the sock method. You do not want CYA sitting on the bottom of the pool for an extended period of time.
I add a pound dissolved into warm water directly in the skimmer. The rest of the 3+lbs in in some panty hose at the bottom of the skimmer. It seems to dissolve at a decent rate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.