Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding CYA thoughts

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding CYA thoughts

I am adding 4.11lbs of CYA to my water. Thoughts I see here are in the skimmer and in a sock in front of a return.

My skimmer has a retune right inside. so when I added some dissolved CYA in warm water, it jets out into the water. Is this good? Could I avoid the sock method?
    Its really hard to get all this CYA dissolved to add to the skimmer. I will add some in a sock, but I am trying to get the CYA in so I can stop my chlorine form disappearing to fast.
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding CYA thoughts

Do you have anywhere you can pour it so that it goes into the filter? If not, go with the sock method. You do not want CYA sitting on the bottom of the pool for an extended period of time.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding CYA thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Do you have anywhere you can pour it so that it goes into the filter? If not, go with the sock method. You do not want CYA sitting on the bottom of the pool for an extended period of time.
    I add a pound dissolved into warm water directly in the skimmer. The rest of the 3+lbs in in some panty hose at the bottom of the skimmer. It seems to dissolve at a decent rate.
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010