What is the consensus of adding "Pool Perfect"?..

Sep 19, 2007
N. AL
PB left some Pool Perfect here. For my pool it says to use 5 caps a week. Is this just a useless additive or will it reall help with the lines and such? I do scrub the swim out and steps each week with cleaner and a brush. I do the top of the liner with my brish once every 2 weeks.

Pool Perfect is the same as Spa Perfect. They are enzyme cleaners. I use Spa Perfect on occasion in my small portable spa. It definitely can help remove oils and other stuff that can accumlate in a spa and cause the water to less clear and clean smelling.

If I had a free supply, I would probably add it to my pool on occasion after heavy use, especially by bathers that are using suntan lotion and such. A lot of us have gotten the "black skimmer" ring, and I think Pool Perfect might help with that. I don't think I would go out and buy it though. I'm pretty certain using it won't harm anything.

Pool Perfect solves problems with some kinds of oils and scum that chlorine can't break down. The particular issues it solves are rare when using BBB. If you feel you need to clean that much, and got some Pool Perfect for free, it is worth trying it out to see if it helps.

Well my steps and swim out are not dirty, especially now that they are done with building it. Red dirt was all over!! I just scrub them weekly to prevent any kind of build up that could occur. I don't want them to get a build up that I can't get off and them end up staining. They are so pretty and white right now!

Other than BBB and Muriaatic Acid ---- The only chemicals I use are Pool Perfect and PhosFree bothe made by Natural Chemistry. I live in a high Nitrate area (Phosphates). The combination with BBB has my pool sparkling, no algae, shock once a year (start-up), and the water smells and feels good. Some of the "Special Contributers" say it only lightens your wallet, but it is part of my weekly regimin.

If it works --- don't mess with it!! and it works for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.