Help needed! Adding cya

Jul 21, 2010
Hi again!
Being new this pool thing I haven't got a clue what I am doing so for the cya I have tried to follow instructions on the tub. It said pre-dissolve in warm water and to make sure fully dissolved before adding to pool. Well, it will not dissolve. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Kerry

You're doing nothing wrong, provided you really need to add CYA in the first place. But we'll get into that later.

CYA granules are hard to dissolve. Since you've already tried to dissolve it, I'd take the liquid/solid mix and slowly pour it into the skimmer with the pump running. If you have a sand or DE filter don't backwash for a week. That allows time for the CYA to dissolve completely.

How did you decide that you needed to add CYA?

Thanks for the quick reply. We have just filled the pool (intex 24' x 52" metal frame) so it has no cya in it. I have an intex sand filter and intex surface skimmer. Is this what you mean, just to tip it into the surface skimmer?
Thanks again for a really quick response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.