Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentair firmware programmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair firmware programmer

One p&e micro programmer.
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/prod...?product_id=33

The following parts for the board and cable. *I'm not sure on the connector terminal quantity, so I ordered 20.

Qty * *Part Number * *Description * *
    1 * *A26569-ND * *CONN HEADER VERT .100 6POS 15AU * *
    1 * *WM7610CT-ND * *CONN HEADER 6POS 1.25MM VERT SMD * *
    4 * *WM1724-ND * *CONN HOUSING 6POS 1.25MM * * * *
    20 * *WM1775CT-ND * *CONN TERM FEMALE 28-32AWG TIN * * * *
    1 * *V2025-ND * *PC BOARD 2-SIDE PPH 2.0X3.0 * *

After built, you can download the firmware from pentairpool.com and update. *this will cost under $200 for what is sold for over $500 usually.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair firmware programmer

[attachment=0:1srz1tr1]board.jpg[/attachment:1srz1tr1]
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

LOL, tinyavian. Nice one.

Sounds like a fun project and can save a boatload of money!

5. Back To Top    #5

Great contribution, time for a weekend project..
    13400 gal plaster in ground, Hayward cartridge filter 175sg ft. 3/4 hp motor @120gpm Hayward Ultra Vac

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    You also need the software to flash it which can be $150-$250.00.

The packages on pentair's site are only the software for the controllers themselves, not the delivery system.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by racket
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    You also need the software to flash it which can be $150-$250.00.

The packages on pentair's site are only the software for the controllers themselves, not the delivery system.
    I haven't actually tried it yet but if I read it right the firmware programmer itself comes with the software, this is the $99 dollar device linked to in the initial post.
    13400 gal plaster in ground, Hayward cartridge filter 175sg ft. 3/4 hp motor @120gpm Hayward Ultra Vac

8. Back To Top    #8

Now I'm wondering if there is more required, I went to order the programmer and at $99 it states the following "no software included - replacement hardware only". It's a minimum of $150 more for any software, I'm on hold now since I'm not sure which way to go with this.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

I managed to get a copy of the driver and install that. I'm working on the software. I know it requires a license code, but maybe I can crack that.

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I can say for sure that you'll need the prog12z software which is 169 plus the programmer at 99. Still not bad when compared to retail on the kit. I can post the software to rapid share, but one would need a registration code or be able to crack the software.

11. Back To Top    #11

Doed anybody know the going rate to just have a PB come out and flash it for us? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that we probably wont use again for 10yrs.
    Inground Gunnite pool 30'x15' - 10mx5m
    22,500 US Gallons / 85 Cubic M.
    Hayward 3/4 hp Triton Sand Filter 220lbs - 100kg
    Auto pH ColorQ Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

If I were to do it it would just be 1 hour at my rate. It literally takes 2 minutes to flash both boards.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

You are dealing with two softwares when you are using the flash kit.

1) PE Micro software to allow the hardware to talk to the computer. You will need a install code for that and no Pentair cant even get them
    2) The firmware files itself. This can be downloaded from there website.

The flash kits use to not need a install code but that it something they changed a few years ago. Im sure if you find a old CD and take your computer off the internet so it cant update it self then it will work. Just dont open then program when your online. I think I have a OLD cd around here somewhere.

On a side note. I ask my self. Why would one want to flash there system? If you buy something such as the IntelliChem and your system cant hold it then pentair will flash update it then. If you have a problem with your system and its a bug. Pentair will flash it. There is no need for homeowners to buy this. Just pool ppl.

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

If there is a bug, pentair will fix that. If you have a 10 year old system and want the latest software for the latest hardware, you're on your own.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by oofreakoo
    Doed anybody know the going rate to just have a PB come out and flash it for us? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that we probably wont use again for 10yrs.
    I would happily do that if only I could, I had no luck what so ever finding a shop that could do it. Worst are those listed as Pentair Automation service centers, I get on with one tech and he says we can't do it, another said Pentair never sent them what they needed so they don't bother, another said what's a flash. In short either Pentair doesn't well vet their listed shops or the shops are not really doing what they say.

16. Back To Top    #16

I have an EasyTouch-8 panel and wireless controller with firmware 2.010. I would like to upgrade to the latest firmware version (v2.100) to gain features such as 8 Feature Circuits, but my local certified Pentair repair tech tells me that this upgrade is not covered under warranty. He believes he is one of three with the equipment to upgrade the firmware on these units but it would cost $250. So, I'm interested if anyone has information on how to do this upgrade cheaper. Supposedly Pentair will soon (this Summer) release an update to EasyTouch controller that will allow iPhone control. Not sure but suspect this will based on the same ScreenLogic PC interface kit (Part # 520500) available for the IntelliTouch. It would be nice if the firmware update could be done through this PC interface control.

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

If he's trying to charge you 250, he's ripping you off. The firmware is free and Pentair most likely gave him the programmer. Yes the update to screenlogic will allow easytouch control. That is a different animal than the base firmware though.

18. Back To Top    #18

In the Industry

I have an Easytouch 4, Wireless controller and Inside Controller/wired. Not all features work across the platform- so when your talking about
    FLASING the board etc do you need to do anything to the controllers? I get by with what I have but can not set the Intelliflo pump via the wireless.

Would you say $100 service call would be acceptable?
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

that seems like a fair price.

Flashing will include the outdoor board and all controllers, so all three would need to be flashed. Do check the versions to be sure they are all either 2.0 or higher, or less than 2.0. There was a hardware change at version 2.0.

20. Back To Top    #20

The last post to this was in 2011. Has anyone successfully used this solution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast