In-ground liner options.

May 13, 2011
I currently have a large in ground pool w/ a vinyl liner, which needs replacement. I would like to go with a higher end finish if possible (and budget allowing).
I purchased the home as a foreclosure and the pool is boarded up, so I don't know too much about it, but I believe the walls are cinder block. Do I have any more lining options, or am I stuck with using vinyl?

crookm11 said:
WElcome to TFP! :wave:

I'm not sure about what options you have but posting some pictures of your pool may help in determining what options may be available.

:cheers:
Thanks for the welcome! The pool is boarded up so there's not much to look at, but here you go.

random%20444.JPG

I was able to sneak a peak under the cover. As expected, the whole thing needs to be redone.

random%20473.JPG

Switching from vinyl to plaster or pebble would be a major renovation, about the same as building a new pool from scratch. Putting in a new liner shouldn't be too difficult. The main question: Is the underground plumbing intact or not.

JasonLion said:
Switching from vinyl to plaster or pebble would be a major renovation, about the same as building a new pool from scratch. Putting in a new liner shouldn't be too difficult. The main question: Is the underground plumbing intact or not.
I would probably opt for new plumbing to be run when the pool was re-lined. Is it a major overhaul to do so? I didn't really care for the location of the filter, so I was hoping that could be rerouted elsewhere.

One word of advice, go with a premium level liner, they hold up much better than the standard grade liners. My current liner is a premium grade liner and is about 7 or 8 years old and still looks great. The liner that was in the pool before the current one was a cheap standard grade liner that lasted less then 5 years (it was put in as an unplanned emergency replacement due to an incident with an golf cart style ATV in the pool, the front bumper put a 5 foot long gash in the liner in the shallow end)

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.