Need advise on patch kits

tina12

Jul 9, 2007
Kentucky
Well a kinda funny thing happen to my pool this weekend. Had solar cover on pool and had to leave early Saturday morning for daughter's ballgame when I notice part of the solar cover had been pushed away about 3 feet. Thinking my nephew and a buddy wanted to take a dip in the middle of the night didn't think much about it. When I got home 3 1/2 hours later I notice water all around the pool and when I got closer I could tell we had lost about 3 inches of water. Well, I knew immediately what happen. Went over to where the solar cover had been pushed back and found two rips in the liner. We live in the country and we are surrounded by deer and the night before I had seen one come right up to the pool just grazing around and walked down to the fence and jumped over it like it wasn't even there. I really think the deer walked up to the back of the pool and thinking it was a fence and just jumped over it landing in it. Well I have two rips in my liner on the wall the shape of upside down "V". We patched with a under water kit and it seems to be holding, but wanted some advise on anything else I should do and how well do these hold up. Only had pool since July and already got rips in my liner.

Wow... this is pretty bizarre especially for an AG pool. I wonder how the deer got out???

I had to patch a small hole in the bottom of my pool where a root had grown through. Granted, this is a very small patch, but it has held very well. It has been patched for over 2 years, maybe 3.

You may want to check if your homeowner's insurance would cover a new liner. (Just a thought, but a patched liner will not have the integrity of a whole one) The patches, when properly applied, can last for 20+ years, but that's not a guarantee, if you can get a new liner, that would be preferable.

If you doubt the ability of the patch to keep it's seal, I'll give you a few tips on getting it to stay as long as the liner is still viable 8)

Please post back, and we'll help you out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.