Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Stain on liner floor

Stain on liner floor

Hello,

I am beginning my 6th season as a pool owner. This was the first time there was a softball sized orange/rust colored stain in the deep-end of the pool after I did my initial cleaning. My pool opened quite clean (it always does) with the exception of a few leaves and several worms and bugs. The water is always quite clean after 7 months of dormancy. This was the first time there was a “stain” though. This is in the deep end of the pool and brushing it has zero affect. I have yet to manually get close to the stain to try and clean it (water is only 62 degrees!) but I will try soon. However, I have a feeling it is going to be a stubborn stain. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    22,500 gal Lagoon shaped inground pool, vinyl liner, Hayward 4800 DE Filter, Hayward 1 HP pump, My Blue Pool Heat Pump, My Blue Pool SWG, My Blue Pool Aquabot, Hebron, CT

Re: Stain on liner floor

Try placing a vitamin C tablet on the stain and see if that does anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
    22,500 gal Lagoon shaped inground pool, vinyl liner, Hayward 4800 DE Filter, Hayward 1 HP pump, My Blue Pool Heat Pump, My Blue Pool SWG, My Blue Pool Aquabot, Hebron, CT

That means there is iron in the water. You might want to use some sequestrant reguarly to prevent stains from reappearing later.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

OK- Thanks! What is sequestrant? I have never added that before. Do you have tips on how often/how much to add over time and where to buy it?