This site rocks! Don't lose heart over green monsters!

May 25, 2009
After opening up the pool to a green sludgy mess due to several leaks in the cover I revisited this site to figure out what to do. I've owned the pool for 3 years, used the BBB method from the start with the test kit from this site and never looked back or regretted it.
When I first saw the pool- really, we had frogs in it- that's how bad it was...I almost cried. But then I started bleaching the heck out of it, trying to get all my numbers straight using the poolcalculator. Although it did almost cost me my sanity (who would have thought a dirty pool could be so frustrating????) through hard work, following the advice given here, some more hard work, I was able to turn the green monster back into a sparkling pool of blue. I lost track of how many gallons of bleach I used and how much beer I went through to steady my nerves :cheers: - but 2 weeks in my numbers are great and the pool looks wonderful!
So thank you Troublefreepool moderators and everyone else who has posted helpful hints!
I pass on your info and hype testing at home to anyone who will listen......

Thanks!
Claudia

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.