Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite Salt Level remains constant at 2800

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite Salt Level remains constant at 2800

I'm one of the least mechanical people you will ever meet. My Aqua Rite chlorine generating system has a constant salt level reading of 2800. Took a sample to the pool store, and they recorded 1700. Because of the reading, the system won't generate. I've tried re-booting, but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
    Pool Type: In Ground with Plaster
    Features: Pool and Spa with Waterfall feature
    Pool Size: Approx 16' x 30'. 12,000 gallons
    Filter: Jandy 460 SF Cartridge (PVC plumbing)
    Heater: Jandy LX
    Pumps: Jandy ePump 2hp (recent upgrade)...and a pump for waterfall only (Jandy JHP1.5)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Aqua Rite Salt Level remains constant at 2800

Welcome to TFP! Even through the SWG and the pool store disagree about what the salt level is, they both agree that it should be raised. Have you tried adding a little salt?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Aqua Rite Salt Level remains constant at 2800

Welcome to TFP!!

How long has it said this?

2800 is the default readout on the units. Try pushing the black diagnostic button next to the display and tell us what it says (the # it displays) after each push.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)