Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: goldline swg

1. Back To Top    #1

goldline swg

Has anyone used or heard of aquarite/goldline SWGs? I think they are made by Hayward.

We are looking at model number gld-45-130 www.pacificapoolsupplies.com

Thanks
    20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: goldline swg

Sure, they are one of the top three or four models on the market. I think of them as the best unit in the upper mid-range of the market. They have their problems, but then no SWG is perfect and they have as good a reliability rate as anyone.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

X2 on what the boss said. Heyward's contribution, from my experience, was to increase the price of a replacement cell by around $100. Goldline had been making that unit for years prior to their acquisition by Heyward.

I checked the link and that price was for the power unit only. I think you can do better $$$ wise if you get the unit and the salt cell together.

I have had my unit for going on 10 years. I wish I could get a transmission to last that long. LOL
    Why is it most people that work in a pool store know nothing about pool chemistry?
    37,000 gal lined inground, Aquarite SWCG, ORP & pH cont, 30 gal acid tank, and Digital Timer w/ Freeze probe. All integrated with interposing relays to keep pump from shutting down if feeds are running.

4. Back To Top    #4

got mine on ebay for 799.99. it was for the 40k pools
    18x36 In-Ground Vinyl.
    1 1/2hp Hayward Super Pump.
    1 1/2in piping
    300# Hayward Sand Filter.
    Polaris 180 Pool Cleaner and 3/4 hp Booster Pump
    Goldline SWG 40k.
    North Georgia

5. Back To Top    #5

So glad to hear the + comments. Working on getting that Ph down, then will install the SW this weekend, hopefully.
    20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

6. Back To Top    #6

Like Jason said solid unit! As long as you keep it clean and your water in check you should get 3-7 years out of it. Mine been going strong for 4 years!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

7. Back To Top    #7

I have a brand new unit I am trying to sell ... PM sent
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Love mine. Best thing we did for our pool
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!