Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Subscripts and Superscript are bigger

1. Back To Top    #1

Subscripts and Superscript are bigger

At some point the subscripts and superscripts either got bigger or moved to not be below or above the main character line. This makes chemical formulas look much worse such as H2CY-. If you could put this back to the way that it was, that would be helpful. I suspect the change was so that subscripts and superscripts wouldn't increase the line spacing, but it makes such subscripting and superscripting look worse.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Subscripts and Superscript are bigger

2*X3+1 H2O

It looks just the way I remember it looking. Nothing has changed in years. It still uses the HTML sup and sub commands, and it is then up to your web browser to render them appropriately.

What web browser are you using?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It helps if you put the equation on its own line. Also, you can use the size function if you want to change the size.

H2CY-

4. Back To Top    #4

Aha! You hit the nail on the head. It's my browser. Safari looks fine, but Firefox that I just upgraded to 4.0 (4.0.1 actually) no longer looks the same! I don't see any Preferences option that would bring things back to normal, but at least I now know what it is -- it's the browser. Thanks for figuring that out.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"