Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: test kits

1. Back To Top    #1

test kits

Hi, I know that I need to get a decent test kit but am struggling. We are in the uk so can't get the TF kit. Would anybody be able advise on what I could get instead?
    Many Thanks.
    Intex 24' x 52" metal frame AG pool.
    Intex sand filter with 0.95hp pump.
    Intex saltwater chlorine generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: test kits

The Taylor K-2006 kit is pretty close to the TF-100. It has everything you need to get accurate test results. It tests: FC, CC, TA, CYA, CH, and PH. I think I covered them all.
    24' Round AGP | 13,600 Gallons | Waterway Cartridge Filter | Waterway 2 Speed Pump | K-2006 Test Kit
    100% Trouble Free Since The Baqua Conversion

3. Back To Top    #3

Palintest make good kits too. You can search for it but I believe it's the 315C that you want.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I use the Palintest SP315C. It covers Travis's list except CC. It's all tablets, DPD 1, Phenol Red, CH and TA and the vital CYA. I bought mine from www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk (Confederate Chemicals Ltd) for around £60 inc postage. They were the only firm I could find selling them, apart from Palintest themselves at a slightly higher price.

It was the only moderately priced kit I could find with the CYA test. It is daylight robbery, a few plastic tubes, a few tablets, but you just have to take the hit.

There was a firm in Scotland who sold spas that came with a Taylor kit included. He supplied reagents, but wouldn't supply a kit to me. At least with the 315C the main tests tabs (FC and pH) are available everywhere.
    11,000 Imp galls inground hopper 15' x 35', Delifol liner (vinyl), sand filter, Abrisud Classic cover, Palintest 315C test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

That's brilliant. Thank you very much for the advice. I will look into those later.
    Thanks again. Kerry
    Intex 24' x 52" metal frame AG pool.
    Intex sand filter with 0.95hp pump.
    Intex saltwater chlorine generator.

6. Back To Top    #6

Palintest also has a FAS-DPD test, but it seems to be only sold in the U.S. You might ask Palintest about that and if they have any plans to sell it in Europe. The combination of that kit plus the SP 315C would be equivalent to the Taylor K-2006 in terms of the tests.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"