test kits

I use the Palintest SP315C. It covers Travis's list except CC. It's all tablets, DPD 1, Phenol Red, CH and TA and the vital CYA. I bought mine from www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk (Confederate Chemicals Ltd) for around £60 inc postage. They were the only firm I could find selling them, apart from Palintest themselves at a slightly higher price.

It was the only moderately priced kit I could find with the CYA test. It is daylight robbery, a few plastic tubes, a few tablets, but you just have to take the hit.

There was a firm in Scotland who sold spas that came with a Taylor kit included. He supplied reagents, but wouldn't supply a kit to me. At least with the 315C the main tests tabs (FC and pH) are available everywhere.

Palintest also has a FAS-DPD test, but it seems to be only sold in the U.S. You might ask Palintest about that and if they have any plans to sell it in Europe. The combination of that kit plus the SP 315C would be equivalent to the Taylor K-2006 in terms of the tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.