Reviving an empty tub

May 1, 2011
Austin, Texas
Hi All,

I've just moved an the house has a hot tub. It's currently empty and in questionable health.

What's the process I should follow to get it filled and see what works? Are there certain things I should check first? Should I be cleaning the inside with something before filling it?

Cheers,

Alan.

I've used the dichlor/bleach method with great success. It does mean you need to be keeping an eye on the levels at least every couple of days even if you're not using it. This season I'm using bromine because I know I can't be checking on it as often as chlorine requires. Word is that bromine is more expensive; I haven't been using it long enough to tell for sure how long a bottle of bromine tabs will last, so I haven't formed an opinion.
--paulr

Basically, if you are using the spa every day or two, then chlorine is easy since you just add it after your soak. However, if you only use the spa infrequently, only once or twice a week, or you have frequent times you are away from the spa, then bromine is easier since the bromine tabs keep a background bromine level for you, usually up to a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.