Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problem with Mineral Springs System

1. Back To Top    #1

Problem with Mineral Springs System

I have a 18000 gal vinyl inground pool with a Mineral Springs System and a Hayward DE 4800 Filter. At the end of last year the MS unit was not producing chlorine due to low salt readings. I had the water tested a number of times and each time the salt levels were within range. I am trying to determine if purchasing a new cell will solve the problem or if I need to explore other options. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Inground, 22k, vinyl, Hayward superpump, Progrid DE filter, Aqua heat pump, Mineral Springs SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Problem with Mineral Springs System

Welcome to TFP!

It is common for the unit to report low salt levels when it is on the verge of failing due to age. However, that can also happen because of calcium on the cell plates or cold water temperatures. You should inspect the cell visually and see if there is any white crusty stuff in it. If so you should clean the cell and try again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Problem with Mineral Springs System

Thank You!

I probably should have read some of the other posts regarding this issue. I have cleaned the cell and had the same symptons. I guess I will be purcahasing a replacement cell. This is the cell I'm looking at do you know if its compatable. It seems like it may be oversized for my pool http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... CELL15.htm
    Inground, 22k, vinyl, Hayward superpump, Progrid DE filter, Aqua heat pump, Mineral Springs SWG