Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Jandy ePump RPM recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Jandy ePump RPM recommendations

I searched everywhere but couldn't find the answer (apologies if it has been asked). I am a new pool owner and have been learning. I just replaced my old Jandy 2HP to Jandy ePump. Generally, I would like recommendations for RPM settings for different programs:

- RPM for normal filtering (WITHOUT Polaris 360 running)?
    - RPM for normal filtering WITH Polaris 360 running
    - RPM for while gas heater is ON.
    - RPM when SPA is ON.

My pool guy says I should I run my filtering WITHOUT Polaris 360 running for a while everyday. Running the pump while polaris is on directs half of the water to filter and other to Polaris UNfiltered. So, my current programming:

Current settings:
    - 10am - 11am filtering with polaris running
    - 11am - 2pm without polaris
    Current RPM: pool 2000, spa 2750, cleaner 2750, pool heat 2250, spa heat 2250.
    My pool with above looks awesome. So, I am wondering if I can lower the RPMs much more.

My equipment:
    - Jandy ePump 2.0
    - Polaris 360 (no separate booster pump)
    (based on what I see, when polaris is on, half the water is going to my big filter and half to the polaris)
    - Jandy LX
    - Jandy AquaLink PDA
    - Jandy AquaPure 1400 (salt pool)
    - Pool is no more than 15 feet away from the equipment area on the floor.
    - I am in Northern California

Thanks for your help.
    Pool Type: In Ground with Plaster
    Features: Pool and Spa with Waterfall feature
    Pool Size: Approx 16' x 30'. 12,000 gallons
    Filter: Jandy 460 SF Cartridge (PVC plumbing)
    Heater: Jandy LX
    Pumps: Jandy ePump 2hp (recent upgrade)...and a pump for waterfall only (Jandy JHP1.5)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Need Jandy ePump RPM recommendations

With the pool alone you should run at the lowest speed where the skimmers still work well. This is typically around 1,000 - 1,400 RPM, though it varies. Likewise the Polaris should be run at the lowest speed where the Polaris still works well. That should be a good speed for the heater. It takes some experimentation to find the ideal speeds.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School