9 ml or 10 ml

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
On the Taylor 2006 test kit. The directions say to use a 10 or 25 ml sample for the chlorine test. However, on the 10 ml, I only see a marking on the side for 9 ml. Do I fill it up to the 9 ml or do I add some more to be roughly around 10 ml. I was confused on this..

I think that you are looking at markings on the outside edge of the small vial which is used for the CYA test (it has a black dot inside, on the bottom). Flip the block over and look at the markings on the large vial -- it should have marks for 10, 25, and 44 mL.

I've only used the small vial for the CYA test which is read with the marks on the inside edge (100, 90, 80, ...), so I'm not sure what the others are for.

gordiec said:
I think that you are looking at markings on the outside edge of the small vial which is used for the CYA test (it has a black dot inside, on the bottom). Flip the block over and look at the markings on the large vial -- it should have marks for 10, 25, and 44 mL.

I've only used the small vial for the CYA test which is read with the marks on the inside edge (100, 90, 80, ...), so I'm not sure what the others are for.

ah ha! i was using the wrong side. Thank you very much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.