Forclosure pool opening

Feb 23, 2010
Central NJ
Hello All

Looking for advice
A buddy of mine just purchased a forclosure home that has a pool. The pool has not been opened for almost 2 years. We are looking for advice as to expectation as well as anything we can do that might make this process a bit easier.

Here are some details. They are vauge because this is a forclosure and not much info exisits and we can't get full access to the property until he closes

plaster pool
approx 30k gallons
Has attached spa
Rock Waterfall
DE filter with 2 pumps (Hayward we believe)
Unknown black box between pumps - see Pictures
Gas Heater

Pool has solid cover

Attachments

• Pool filter 1.jpg
    Pool filter 1.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 147
That black box is a booster pump for running a pressure side pool cleaner.

From what we can see in the pictures the equipment appears to be in good shape. There is no way to be sure till you turn it on, but I wouldn't expect any major problems.

The main issue with a foreclosure is how long the pool was left untended without a cover on. That can make a huge difference in how much cleanup you need to do.

first thing is to see if the equipment still functions. You'll have to make sure there's enough water in the pool, then start firing up pumps and see how things go. If it all works, it's a fairly routine nasty cleanup. Any pictures of the pool? Does it have a cover on it?

Jason's too fast...

The pool does have a solid cover on it. It look like it was close properly back at the end of the previous season but never opened n 2010. From what I saw, there were plugs in the skimmers and the filter was backwashed at the last closing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.