25,600 Gallons
TC 5
PH 7.4
TA 110
CH 140
CYA 45
Borate 45

Testing with a Taylor FAD-DPD kit.

I have been following your suggestions for my pool using boric acid for borate and FC 3.5 - 5.5 range. Never has my pool been more beautiful. It is so crystal clear that I can see the bottom with clarity from my deck across a 33' pool expanse.

Now for my Pool School for Dummies question. I am not sure when to shock the pool. I have topped off the chlorine (106 oz 6%) to maintain a 5 to 5.5 range and very little fall out the next day to vacuum. I am losing .5 chloride per day due to sun and limited swimming, example, Monday 5.5,Tuesday 5, Wednesday 4.5, Thursday 4, Thurdays night top off 106 oz. 6% bleach. Friday 5.5, Saturday 5 , etc.

When I test my chloride (daily) and add the 5 drops of R-0003 the sample does not show pink, it gets a little greyer but never pink. I never used to R-0871 drops to get a CC number becasue I do not have a pink sample.

Am I doing ok or am I missing something?

Trouble free pools newby,
ptblues2

It sounds like you are doing very well :goodjob:

There isn't normally any reason to shock the pool. As long as the water stays clear, CC remains at 0.5 or lower, and FC doesn't go to zero there isn't any reason to shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.