OLD Pool

May 11, 2011
Just bought a house with a combination spa/pool and it is missing the pump/filter/booster pump and blower. Has a Laar LX heater and has some king of Jandy power panel w/breakers and a in house control panel. The pool is about 6-7 years old. Would like to update system and make it more efficient. Would it be better to have the spa and pool using pump and filter? Planning on buying a Pentair VF pump and a Hayward Aqua Rite In-Ground Chlorine Generator. Would like help in replumbing the lines and not use a booster pump.

Welcome to TFP!

That sounds like a good plan. There are advantages and disadvantages to sharing equipment between the pool and spa. Still, it costs so much less to share equipment that is the way most people go.

Sounds like a nifty project you've got yourself. Can't go wrong with the Pentair pumps. But when you buy all your new equipment, check with the store to find out if there are benefits to running all of the same brand equipment. I know some places offer a longer/better warranty if you run all Pentair equipment, or Hayward, Jandy, etc.

I need some help is figuring out how to replumb the spa/pool. From what I can tell the original system had two pumps and a blower pump with one filter. I have pictures of existing plumbing but are to big to upload. Would like to set up two separate pumps/filters for the spa/pool. There is a Paddock Aqua Touch panel w/breakers and a remote in the house and would like to know if its compatible with the Pentair VF pump. Also would like to relocate equipment; it is too close to the house. I guess I just dig up the ground and find the pipes/electrical and extend and relocate to new area. Should I place the electrical wiring in a PVC pipe to protect?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.