Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OLD Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

OLD Pool

Just bought a house with a combination spa/pool and it is missing the pump/filter/booster pump and blower. Has a Laar LX heater and has some king of Jandy power panel w/breakers and a in house control panel. The pool is about 6-7 years old. Would like to update system and make it more efficient. Would it be better to have the spa and pool using pump and filter? Planning on buying a Pentair VF pump and a Hayward Aqua Rite In-Ground Chlorine Generator. Would like help in replumbing the lines and not use a booster pump.
    20x40 gunite inground roman shape 7 ft deep end, 1hp hayward main pump, 2hp in-floor cleaner pump for Paramount PV-3,all plumbing 2" sch 40, Nitro wall climber robot, Fiberstars WPC-2, ColorLogic LED lights, Hayward 425 sq. ft. cartridge filter, UltraPure UPP25 UV ozone.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OLD Pool

Welcome to TFP!

That sounds like a good plan. There are advantages and disadvantages to sharing equipment between the pool and spa. Still, it costs so much less to share equipment that is the way most people go.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Sounds like a nifty project you've got yourself. Can't go wrong with the Pentair pumps. But when you buy all your new equipment, check with the store to find out if there are benefits to running all of the same brand equipment. I know some places offer a longer/better warranty if you run all Pentair equipment, or Hayward, Jandy, etc.

4. Back To Top    #4

I need some help is figuring out how to replumb the spa/pool. From what I can tell the original system had two pumps and a blower pump with one filter. I have pictures of existing plumbing but are to big to upload. Would like to set up two separate pumps/filters for the spa/pool. There is a Paddock Aqua Touch panel w/breakers and a remote in the house and would like to know if its compatible with the Pentair VF pump. Also would like to relocate equipment; it is too close to the house. I guess I just dig up the ground and find the pipes/electrical and extend and relocate to new area. Should I place the electrical wiring in a PVC pipe to protect?
    20x40 gunite inground roman shape 7 ft deep end, 1hp hayward main pump, 2hp in-floor cleaner pump for Paramount PV-3,all plumbing 2" sch 40, Nitro wall climber robot, Fiberstars WPC-2, ColorLogic LED lights, Hayward 425 sq. ft. cartridge filter, UltraPure UPP25 UV ozone.

5. Back To Top    #5

That's not an old pool, mine's somewhere north of 50 years old!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!