Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: black pool liner ??

black pool liner ??

I have been looking and can't really find much on black pool liners. Most of the darker ones are for inground pools not above ground. Does anybody know where I can find either a black or really dark colored liner for a 15ft. round 52" pool?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

Re: black pool liner ??

One potential problem with black that applies to most black synthetic items is that with time it will fade and become any number of potential colors you may not like such as brown, gray, purple, etc.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 36,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis panel roof top solar heat with Aquasolar controller, Dolphin Diagnostic Pro Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and soon to be connected UV Ozonator and now Hot Spring Jetsetter standalone spa
    I use and endorse the TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net

FADE!!!!I started with a dark liner last year..It faded within a month of use..I quess because it was mark'd down...
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Updated to Hayworth S-180 T sand filter 2003,,BBB method started in may2010,,TF-100

Remember the effect of the sun on heating up the pool water, especially with a dark liner. Is your pool in direct sun? Maybe you want it that way for that reason? Algae growth and other troubles might be difficult to see with a dark pool--cleaning dead leaves, branches, and dead critters.....

Lana
    25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

I emailed northwest wholesale and they say that black liners are not available for above ground pools. The main reason I wanted black was I seen a black inground pool a while back and I liked the way it looked plus our pool doesn't heat up as much as other pools since it doesn't get early morn or late eve. sunlight. I can't afford a propane heater and just looking for other inexpensive ways to heat the pool.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits