HELP - 3 week old Intex

Verdog

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Central Texas
We got a little rain today while the SWG was running, but I don't think that was the problem. I went to check the pool and the SWG was screaming Low Salt and there were no gas bubbles in the unit.

A little history:
I did not read the manual like I should have and ran the SWG 8 hours after I added salt 3 weeks ago during install. I have 2670 ppm per salt test strips, Intex wants 3000. I am a little low, but again not what I think is the MAIN problem.

I bought a Taylor test kit at a new PS I found that I earned an instant $20 credit and they had a sale on the Taylor kits! Unfortunately I bought a 2005c instead of 2006c, but I ordered a FAS Chlorine hit from our friends at tfttestkits. So I now have an expensive 100!

Levels now
FC 2.5 (jumped SWG from 4 to 6 hours last night and only got a 1 ppm increase)
TC 2.5
pH 7.0 (lowering TA and added acid)
TA 260 (a different PS told me it was 256, but i gave up on taylor test after 300 yesterday AM)
CH 170
CYA 60
Salt 2670

Here is my concern, the plates; These were a beautiful gunmetal color 3 weeks ago.... Problem?..... WHY so soon? :scratch:
51111018.jpg

51111017.jpg

51111015.jpg

I really didn't think it would have gotten that bad that fast. I am working on the TA, brought the pH to right below the test and ran full fountain for 2 hours. Just got done cleaning the cell an will reinstall and run full fountain overnight so I can hopefully add more acid tomorrow.

Cell looks brand new after vinegar only. Most flaked off with my fingers.

I hate city water, probably doesn't help being in the limestone capital of Texas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.