jandy neverlube valve leak

crudsrus

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2010
Yuma AZ
I have a 3-port Jandy neverlube that combines skimmers,main drain and vacuum before sending water to the pump. The valve has a leak under the valve cover and squirts water when pump is shutdown. I have replaced the O rings but three of the eight screws will not tighten. Anyway to repair valve short of replacement?

You could probably remove the O-ring and glue the cover on with PVC glue. Apply the glue, install the cover, install the screws, and then clamp the cover on using a clamp, if needed. Be careful not to get any glue in the valve, and allow the glue to dry overnight.

The only problem with that, is that then you've negated the ability to ever repair the valve again. To industry people, you may not care, but to the pool owner that has to buy a new valve just because the shaft seal is leaking it's more of a deal.

Bama Rambler said:
The only problem with that, is that then you've negated the ability to ever repair the valve again. To industry people, you may not care, but to the pool owner that has to buy a new valve just because the shaft seal is leaking it's more of a deal.
I was suggesting it as an alternative to replacing the valve if repair was not possible or cost effective.

[edit]The Never-Lube has a lifetime guarantee. You should be able to get it replaced for free.[end edit]

Also, I have used Jandy Never-Lube valves for years without ever needing to service any of them.

Jandy said:
NeverLube Valves are designed not to leak, break, melt, lose pressure or slip – even under the most demanding conditions. And they are guaranteed for life.
http://www.jandy.com/html/products/valves/
Features
•Extremely reliable
•Never requires lubrication
•Lifetime Guarantee
•Proprietary NeverLube technology with Lifetime Guarantee
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Produc ... alves.aspx

Yes the jandy neverlube valves carry a lifetime guarantee. when you call the manufacturer make sure to have ready any information regarding install such as a contract or invoice as proof of original ownership.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.