San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have an IG plaster pool with an attached spa. I have always had a problem keeping the stairs and spa floor clean due to leaves and blowing dust. Has anyone had any experience with the Pool Blaster Catfish battery operated vac, or any other similar items?

http://watertechcorp.com/products-catfish.htm

Thanks in advance for you help.

I own the Catfish's bigger brother, The Pool Blaster Max which i use frequently to clean ponds, waterfalls, and spas such as yours, and it works well in picking up small leaves, heavy dirty, and sand. It'll pick up fine dirt/dust in a couple slow passes as well. I've double bagged it with fine mesh bags, and it seems to do a good job in picking up the dirt without letting it back through. The Catfish would most likely work well for your application. The Catfish is a step up from the Aquabroom, slightly more powerful.

I have a catfish. I've cleaned the whole pool with it before. It does a MUCH better job than I thought it would. Since we live in an area that has fine dust that blows in the air (hence settles in the pool) I often use a nylon stocking in the bag. Otherwise, it does well with picking up larger grains of sand, small leaves, and other debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.